In this episode, we debate whether coopetition is the same as a joint venture. Both are emerging terms in entrepreneurship referring to a type of strategic alliance between two or more business competitors. Listen to the debate, and discover how you can add to your bottom line by partnering with a business rival!
Sources for more information:
- Coopetition https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/coopetition.asp
- Joint Ventures https://www.inc.com/encyclopedia/joint-ventures.html
- 5 Reasons Your Company Should Partner Up With Its Competition https://www.inc.com/craig-bloem/why-partnering-with-competitors-is-often-best-move-your-company-can-make.html
- Competition Versus Coopetition: A Model For Winning Customers Through Creative Partnership https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2019/03/11/competition-versus-coopetition-a-model-for-winning-customers-through-creative-partnership/#5c6647337cc3
- Pirates of Silicon Valley https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_Silicon_Valley